If you haven’t tried Vegan food or if you are Vegan this is definitely a must-try appetizer and very easy to make with 5 simple ingredients. So if you are entertaining and are having a mixture of guests who are vegan and meat-eaters, this will be a perfect addition to make everyone happy. This one tastes creamy, even though it is not vegan. People will not believe it is not vegan, that’s how good it is. What makes it so creamy is the cashews. There is a very low amount of carbs in this for those who have a low-carb diet.
Ingredients you will need are 1 Onion, 1 tbsp Parsley, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 50g cashews, 2.5 cups of sliced champignons.
HOW TO MAKE IT!
- Put the cashews in a pan over medium heat until golden brown. Make sure the pan is dry with no butter/oil. Should probably be about 10 minutes of roasting them
- Slice the onion into small pieces
- Add coconut oil to a pan and heat it up and then add the sliced onion and cook until they are clear
- Grind the Cashews up in a food processor.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix until it is smooth.
- Then put it in a nice dish and serve with chip, toast, etc.